About Capt. Marko
I’ve been lucky enough to have lived here in southwest Florida for over 30 years. I’ve seen a lot of crazy things on the water over the last 5 years that my clients and I will never forget. Please join me for a day on the water while we chase giants or trophy style fish or even just a relaxing day on the flats. Either way, we’re gonna have a blast and a lot of laughs!contact us
fishing & research
BOOK YOUR TRIP
Fill-in in your info below and we’ll reach
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.
Goliath Grouper Facts
The waters from Sanibel and Captiva Island around Ft Myers and Boca Grande is the best place to fish for Goliath Grouper in Florida. With vast amounts shallow flats and deep-water structure, it takes a long time to learn these areas. Hiring a professional guide to put you on snook, tarpon and goliath grouper is essential if you want to make the most out your visit to the area. Our charters target inshore saltwater sport fish like snook, redfish and tarpon on light tackle with live bait. We can spend the day fishing for these exciting species or we can target the giants. The powerful Goliath Grouper is one of the most sought-after game fish from Tampa to the Florida Keys. We get anglers traveling from all over the world to take on the mighty Goliaths.
- On the Federal Endangered Species list
- the largest grouper in the western hemisphere
- Grows to a size of 8ft long
- Can weigh more than 1,000 pounds
- Lifespan is 30-50 years
- Travels up to 100 miles to spawn
- Meat is high in mercury (not good to eat)
- Found in shallow and deep water (Salt & Brackish)
- Age is estimated using growth rings (like trees)
- Very aggressive in nature (attack anything)